Employment Status: Project-based
Reports to: Finance Head
Job Location: Manila Office (with frequent travel)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance, the Finance Officer is primarily responsible for the development, execution, monitoring, controlling, and reporting of all of the financial aspects of the Caritas Philippines Inspire Project. He/She shall prepare financial statements, schedules, and reports. The main goal of the Finance Officer is financial and accounting. He/she shall set clear financial monitoring techniques and monitor the financial systems and procedures of the organization, collaborate effectively with concerned leadership, managers, and staff at all levels, manage the financial resources with integrity, and apply quality financial standards and policies in all areas of the program interventions and organizational learning.
• Keep track of Project budget and expenditures, analyze cost-effectiveness, and prepare related field visit monitoring reports.
• Check and verify financial support documents and approval/authorization entities including delegation;
• Coordinate with Caritas PH finance unit for briefing and updates on the financial status and project activities planning;
• Check and review quarterly financial plans and ensure that they are by budget and log-frame targets;
• Receive Tally data every month and generate reports (budget vs. expenditure, trial balance, cash balance sheets, etc.)
• Prepare financial analyses on cash balances (Grants receipts vs. Actual Expenditures) and make remarks, if any, on the financial management tool
• Submit to the finance head monthly financial reports
• Trace grants against receipts in the bank accounts; acknowledge official receipts.
• Work through coordinated/delegated approach on financial management systems and place emerging issues for effective mitigation;
• Coordinate with Caritas PH in preparing timely financial & narrative reports in compliance with donor requirements;
• Attend, participate, and assist in all meetings, ongoing formations, team buildings, and other related activities that may be required and/or called for by the management.
• File accounting documents such as check vouchers, official receipts, journal vouchers, and deposit slips, among other medical reimbursements, payroll, etc.
• BS in Accountancy, Business Administration, or any related course; CPA is an advantage.
• At least three (3) years of experience in basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures and financial analysis with exposure to business and NGO operations.
• Able to work under pressure of meeting deadlines without sacrificing the need for accuracy and correctness of details of records and reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills to ensure maximum coordination with concerned groups; respect limits and levels of authority;
• Values and observes the importance of confidentiality of the information within the Finance unit and the whole organization as well.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of finance and accounting.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• With adequate knowledge of computer operation especially MS Office and its application, knowledge of TALLY ERP accounting software is an advantage.
Application deadline: February 19, 2024
Interested applicants may send their CVs with a letter of intent addressed to Rev. Fr. Antonio Labiao, Jr., Executive Director via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject, “[POSITION] – Surname”.
Note: Caritas Philippines does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse, or any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All candidates will therefore undergo reference and background checks.