Caritas Philippines is the humanitarian, development, and advocacy arm of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP).
Since its birth in 1966, it has been at the forefront of implementing programs on poverty alleviation, sustainable agriculture, empowerment of women and children, and ecology protection. Its flagship program is “Alay Kapwa” (Offering of oneself to one’s neighbor), the Lenten evangelization and resource mobilization program of the Philippine Catholic Church. It also implements programs on good governance, peacebuilding, agrarian justice, microfinance, and emergency response.
Resilient Filipino communities living out faith, justice and peace.
With faith-based and love-driven action and inspired by Catholic Social Teachings, Caritas Philippines is committed to accompanying and empowering the Diocesan Social Action Centers and vulnerable communities of Philippine Society towards empowerment through:
- Humanitarian response towards community resilience;
- Sustainable development programs and partnerships; and
- Collective action/advocacy on key social, environmental, and eco-political issues.
- Institutional synergy and strengthening including an integrated approach to resources and programs)
- Grounded and sustained advocacy through DSAC empowerment, capacity building, and accompaniment